This hearty rice dish is full of flavor and can be adapted to suit your own preferences. We love it with a fresh green salad on the side.
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 4 oz sweet potato, peeled and cut into roughly 1-inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cored, de-seeded, and roughly chopped (or use jarred)
- 2 tsp Cajun spice
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels or green peas
- 2 x 8.8oz pouches ready-to-microwave rice
- Salt and pepper
- Pour the tomatoes, broth, sweet potato, bell pepper, Cajun spice, and smoked paprika into a microwave-safe bowl. Stir to mix it all together.
- Cover and microwave on full power for 5-8 minutes or until the sweet potato has softened.
- Uncover carefully (that steam is hot!) and add the corn kernels or peas and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and set aside while you cook the rice as per the pack’s instructions. When it is cooked, mix everything together. Season to taste.