We love this simple, satisfying, super-tasty meal. It’s full of fresh flavors, and can be different every time you make it.
- 2 bell peppers, halved and de-seeded
- 1 pack / 8.5 oz ready-to-eat rice (plain or flavored)
- 2 tbsp pitted olives, chopped (or add beans, corn kernels, sun-dried tomatoes, or chopped nuts if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp vegan pesto (or sundried tomato paste or any other sauce you like)
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheese
- Put the pepper halves on a plate with the cut side up and microwave for 6 minutes until they have softened a little. Tip out any water that has collected in them (careful – they’re hot!).
- Mix the other ingredients together, then divide this between the peppers.
- Put back in the microwave for another 3-5 minutes, depending on how soft you’d like your peppers.