Generation Vegan aims to provide objective, reliable, and credible information on a range of subjects related to dietary choices. We are supported and guided by some of the world’s leading experts in lifestyle medicine, pandemic prevention, and environmental protection. We cite all references and ensure our claims are backed by independent and reputable sources.
We are committed to sharing information relating to the wide-ranging benefits of eating a plant-based diet, including for individual health, public health, planetary health, animal protection, and sustainability. Our readers may not find all articles relevant to them, but we rely on them to choose the information that is.
The medical and health research we share is not intended as a substitute for medical advice, and we urge anyone with a health inquiry or concern to seek professional medical guidance and support.
1. Inclusivity and diversity. We aim to showcase a range of experiences and perspectives, and to ensure we produce content that is relevant to people from different backgrounds, countries, and communities.
2. Relevance. By bringing together and sharing the latest information on a range of vegan-related subjects, we remain current and relevant. Our six websites (English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian and Hindi) host content uniquely relevant to the countries and communities they serve.
3. Trends. We share content based on national or global awareness days, holidays, festivals, and events, as well as topical newsworthy subjects.
1. Our content is decided by us and written by us. At times, we invite guest blogs from people with a unique perspective which we believe will be of interest to our readers.
2. We do not accept payment for advertising or product endorsement on any part of our website. We do not host blogs for third parties, and we do not accept payment to write on specific subjects or to link to external sites. Our content is entirely free of external influence.
1. We have the right to freedom of expression and to freely determine which subjects are of most interest to our audience.
2. We have the right to hold power structures to account, and to criticize industries and policies that cause or have caused suffering, harm, ill-health, environmental degradation, pandemics, antibiotic-resistance, and / or climate breakdown.
3. We exercise our right to connect with, and pledge our support to, other social justice movements, in recognition that oppressions are linked, and to educate our readers about those links.
1. Integrity. It is our responsibility to represent data, studies, policies, and individuals fairly and honestly. We credit all quotes, research, and unique ideas we cite, linking to those references wherever possible.
2. Inclusivity. We value inclusivity and will always welcome feedback if we use terminology that is exclusive or discriminatory and will work towards editing or removing that content. We won’t always get it right, but we will listen and learn. Our content should be informative, empowering, and interesting; it should never use terms that may cause offense. Our collection of articles and how we illustrate them should reflect, represent, and serve people from across society, including historically minoritized and oppressed communities. We provide subtitling on all our films.
3. Quality. We aim to publish fair, accurate, precise, and well-written content, using accessible language.
4. Independence. All content is determined by and / or written by our in-house team. We are independent of outside interests and arrangements that could compromise our editorial integrity.