- 35g vegan butter, and a little more for greasing
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 125g breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 190oC.
- In a pan, melt the butter and fry the onion gently for 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the breadcrumbs, rosemary, lemon zest, and tahini.
- Season to taste and mix well.
- Grease a baking dish (around 15x15cm), then spoon the mixture into it, spreading it evenly and pushing it into the corners.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until it is golden on top.
This recipe is part of our Traditional British Christmas Recipes booklet that you can download for free here: