- 100ml white wine
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 500g leeks, trimmed and cut into pieces around 6-8cm long
- 100g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley (chopped) or thyme leaves
- Put the leeks into a large wide-bottomed pan with the white wine and vegetable stock. Cover and allow them to simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle the herbs and hazelnuts over the top.
This recipe is part of our Traditional British Christmas Recipes booklet that you can download for free here: