- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 700g pumpkin flesh (or butternut squash), cut into 2.5cm chunks
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp red miso
- 200ml vegetable stock
- In a large pan, fry the onion in the oil until soft – about 8 minutes.
- Add the diced pumpkin, ginger, chilli, and miso, and mix well.
- Pour in the stock, cover with a lid, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft. Stir every now and then to prevent sticking.
This recipe is part of our Traditional British Christmas Recipes booklet that you can download for free here: