Try this super-quick, super-tasty nourishing breakfast to kickstart your day! Just add your favorite toppings.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup water or oat milk (other plant-milks are great too)
- 2 tablespoons of agave or maple syrup to taste
- A pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries of choice
- 3 dried figs chopped into pieces
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- Add the water or plant-milk to the oats.
- Using a saucepan, heat on a low-medium heat setting for around 5-7mins, stirring every now and then, until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add sweetener of choice, molasses, and spices and mix well.
- Transfer to a bowl. Top with dried figs and berries.
- You can make cold ‘overnight’ oats too, just by skipping the heating process and allowing everything to absorb in the fridge overnight.