Sweet potatoes are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals, including potassium, calcium and vitamin A, and they are a good source of B vitamins and vitamin C, too. Try this simple way of cooking them and add your favorite filling.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Fillings of choice (homemade guacamole, hummus, bean chili, vegan cream cheese, salsa verde, etc)
- Use a large knife to pierce about a third of the way into the potato several times on both sides.
- Space your potatoes out evenly on a baking tray.
- Turn the oven up 450 and immediately start cooking the potatoes in a non-preheated oven, which will cook them more evenly while also saving energy.
- Baking at a higher temperature will really caramelize the natural sugars in the sweet potatoes.
- Turn once and, after about 1hr, your potatoes should be done! Prod them with a fork to make sure they’re soft inside, and cook for a further 15-20mins if not.
- Enjoy these with the filling of your choice. We like homemade guacamole the most (mash avocado, lime juice, salt, cilantro and a few chili flakes together and you’re ready to go)!