What could be better than a nourishing, tasty, protein-rich stew, made only in the microwave? Best served with fresh bread and some fresh green vegetables.
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup packed celeriac, shredded
- 15.5 oz can garbanzo beans
- 15.5 oz can kidney beans
- 1¼ cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 glug red wine (optional)
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Mix together the onion and oil in a microwaveable bowl and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the celeriac, beans, broth, garlic, tomato paste, red wine (if using) and mixed herbs. Stir well.
- Cover with saran wrap and pierce the center. Cook for 6 minutes, remove the film, and stir in the peanut butter until the sauce thickens, then the chopped parsley.
- Let stand for another minute or two before eating.