Rice milk is great for cooking, in oatmeal, on breakfast cereals and wherever you want a more neutral milky flavor. It’s inexpensive and easy to make!
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 950ml water
- 2 dates, destoned
- Pinch sea salt
- Soak the rice in water for two hours, then drain it.
- Soak the dates in water for two hours.
- Put the rice and dates into a blender with the water and salt.
- Blend for around one minute until it is thick and creamy.
- Pour the mixture through muslin or a fine cheesecloth (or even an old, but clean, T-shirt) to strain out any solids. Squeeze the pulp out.
- Bottle up the milk and refrigerate it. Consume within three days.