Making your own plant milk is easy! You just need a little time to soak the cashews and dates, and then blend them together. That’s it! Delicious cashew milk for sauces, smoothies, “nice cream,” and milkshakes.
- 1 cup cashews
- 950ml water
- 2 dates, destoned
- Pinch sea salt
- Soak the cashews in water overnight, then drain them.
- Soak the dates in water for two hours.
- Put the cashews and dates into a blender with the water and salt.
- Blend for around 1-2 minutes until it is thick and creamy. (There should be no need to strain it as cashews are soft and break down easily.)
- Bottle up the milk and refrigerate it. Consume within three days.