Making your own almond milk is simple, and it is cheaper than buying it! Try this delicious creamy milk for your tea, coffee and breakfast cereal.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 950ml water
- 2 dates, destoned
- Pinch sea salt
- Soak the almonds overnight, then drain them.
- Soak the dates in water for two hours.
- Put the almonds and dates into a blender with the water and salt.
- Blend for around one minute until it is thick and creamy.
- Pour the mixture through muslin or a fine cheesecloth (or even an old, but clean, T-shirt) to strain out any solids. Squeeze the pulp out.
- Bottle up the milk and refrigerate it. Consume within three days.