A simple, healthy and filling recipe with minimal prep!
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 100g red quinoa
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 1 avocado, peeled, and destoned
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Your favourite salad or cooked vegetables
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- ½ lime or lemon
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl, mix tinned chickpeas, 2 tbsp olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin and a pinch of salt. Transfer to a pan, and gently heat the chickpea mixn, stirring regularly for around 8 minutes until browned. Set aside to cool.
- Place vegetable stock and quinoa in a saucepan, cover with a lid and bring to a boil. Simmer until quinoa is tender, about 12-15 minutes, or until all the water has evaporated. (If you’re short on time, a pre-cooked packet of brown rice, quinoa or other wholegrain is great too!)
- Slice avocado and add a squeeze of lemon or lime, a pinch of salt and chilli flakes if you like it with a kick!
- Fill serving bowls with your favourite salads. We recommend baby spinach, tomato, cucumber, grated carrot and red cabbage. The more colours the better!
- Make a simple dressing with the olive oil, lemon or lime juice and cider vinegar.
- Add the chickpeas, quinoa and avocado to the bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and serve.