It’s quick and easy to make this delicious oat milk at home, and it’s cheaper than buying it. Oat milk can be used anywhere you use other milks, including in coffee, baking, and sauces.
- 1 cup oats
- 950ml water
- 2 dates, destoned
- Pinch sea salt
- Soak the dates in water for two hours.
- Put the oats and dates into a blender with the water and salt.
- Blend for around no more than 45 seconds until it is thick and creamy.
- Pour the mixture through muslin or a fine cheesecloth (or even an old, but clean, T-shirt) to strain out any solids. Squeeze the pulp out.
- Bottle up the milk and refrigerate it. Consume within three days.