Loaded with protein, fiber, folate and potassium, spiced blackbeans make a great base for a delicious meat-free patty and are perfect with that sweet pineapple.
- 1 ½ cups cooked black beans (15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 1 Tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp steak seasoning
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp ketchup
- Sprinkle of brown sugar
- In large bowl, mash black beans with a potato masher.
- Dice onion and red pepper.
- Add all ingredients to bowl with black beans.
- Mix thoroughly, and use your hands to knead them well.
- Form into patties. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. You can also pan fry in non-stick skillet
- Pan-fry your pineapple rings with a sprinkle of brown sugar.
- Add your cooked burgers and pineapple slices to a bun with onion, lettuce, tomato, and your favorite condiments.