This chilled almond soup could not be easier to make but it is tasty and filling, and perfect on a warm day.
- 3.5oz blanched almonds
- 4oz white bread (crusts removed), broken into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic, peeled (or 1 tsp garlic paste)
- 1½ tbsp sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the almonds, bread, garlic, vinegar and water into a blender. Blitz until smooth.
- Refrigerate for up to an hour.
- Season to taste, drizzle the olive oil on top, and serve.