We love this beautiful warming soup. Delicious flavors, packed with health-boosting antioxidants, and easy to make.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 15oz pumpkin flesh, chopped, the seeds and skin discarded
- 10oz carrots, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 heaped tsp red miso paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan cream and parsley to garnish (optional)
- In a large pan, heat the oil and gently fry the onions, garlic and ginger for about 5 mins.
- Add pumpkin, carrots, and turmeric, and stir to cover them in the onions.
- Add the vegetable broth, and season to taste.
- Bring to the boil, cover and reduce the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the miso and then blitz the soup until it is smooth.
- If you’re feeling fancy, make pretty swirls with some vegan cream, and sprinkle some chopped parsley on top.