A simple, nourishing flavorful meal that is ready in just a few minutes, making it the perfect recipe for when time is tight.
- 8 – 10 oz fusilli pasta
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 4oz asparagus, cut into pieces, the woody ends discarded
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Black olives, whole or roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced (optional)
- ½ lemon, zest only
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Handful arugula
- Parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta in salted water as per the pack’s instructions.
- With 5-6 minutes cooking time to go, place the broccoli, asparagus, and halved tomatoes in a bamboo steamer and place it on top of the pan. (Alternatively, steam these separately.)
- Drain the pasta, stir in the steamed vegetables, olives, olive oil, minced garlic, and lemon zest. Season to taste.
- Scatter the arugula on top and serve.