Gently spiced and sweetened, this no-fail, vegan banana bread recipe is absolutely guaranteed to please. With optional add-ins of choc chips, nuts or fruits, you can make it your way, or change it up every time you make it.
Credit: The Engine 2 Diet (Plant Strong)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 3 brown-spotted bananas peeled and smashed (1 ¼ – 1 ½ cups)
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened apple-sauce
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup add-ins of your choice: walnuts, pistachios, raisins, dairy-free dark choc-chips
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine the bananas, maple syrup, water, applesauce, vanilla and vinegar.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet. Fold in the add-ins
- Pour the batter into the lined loaf pan (or divide among 12 muffin cups). Bake the loaf for 30 minutes (muffins for 15-18 minutes), until golden brown on top. Serve warm!