This rich and creamy vermicelli pudding is laden with nuts and fruits, and perfectly sweet to taste. It is a staple dessert for Eid festivities and this vegan version is every bit as delicious as the original. Some people like to add a dash of rosewater too!
- 2tbsp vegan ghee
- 1/2 cup thin vermicelli
- 1 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1 tbsp chopped cashews
- 1tbsp charoli nut
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 1 litre almond milk
- 4-5 pods whole cardamom
- A pinch of saffron
- 4 tbsp brown sugar or jaggery
- 3 tbsp date paste
- Add the almond milk to a thick bottom vessel with the cardamom and saffron and heat it over a medium flame.
- Heat a flat pan over medium flame and add the vegan ghee. When it is hot add the nuts, raisins and vermicelli. Toss until the vermicelli is brown and the nuts are roasted.
- Add the roasted nut and vermicelli mix to the hot almond milk. Bring to a boil for about 8-10 mins.
- When it has thickened slightly, add the brown sugar or jaggery and the date paste and take it off the flame. Stir to incorporate. Serve hot or cold.