- 1kg medium-sized floury potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp rosemary, finely chopped
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, then add the potatoes. Let them boil for 8 minutes or so until the outsides are softening, but the potatoes are not cooked all the way through. Drain them in a colander, giving them a little shake to rough up the outsides. This is what makes the outsides so crispy.
- Meanwhile, heat the oven to 190°C. Pour the oil into a large roasting dish and put it in the oven to heat up.
- When the oven is hot enough, remove the roasting tray and carefully add the potatoes to it. Turn the potatoes over in the hot oil and season with salt.
- Roast them for 20 minutes, then remove from the heat and turn them over again. Sprinkle on the rosemary and put back in the oven for another 25-30 minutes, until they are golden and crispy.
This recipe is part of our Traditional British Christmas Recipes booklet that you can download for free here: